Linguine with tomatoes confit and melted mozzarella di buffala
Prep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 30 min Cost: Medium Portions: 3 to 4 portions
– 330g (11oz) of linguine pasta – 1 ball of mozzarella di buffala, cut in two and finely sliced
TOMATOES CONFIT SAUCE – 15ml (1 tbsp) of butter – 15ml (1 tbsp) of oil – 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped – 2 shallows, finely chopped – 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine – 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock – 30ml (2 tbsp) pesto – 125ml (1/2 cup) of 35% creme – 24 halved tomatoes confit – 150g (5oz) shaved parmesan
TOMATOES CONFIT Makes 12 tomatoes – 12 italian tomatoes, hulled, halved, and seeded
VINAIGRETTE 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil – 15ml (1 tbsp) salt – 30ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar – 15ml (1 tbsp) honey – 15ml (1 tbsp) garlic powder (or two cloves of garlic, finely chopped) – 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh thym, chopped
1. 1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta al dente.
TOMATOES CONFIT SAUCE
2. 2. While the pasta is boiling, melt the butter with the oil in a small pot. Brown the garlic and the shallows on high for three minutes. Deglaze with the white wine. Reduce for a couple minutes, then add the chicken stock.
3. 3. Mix in the pesto then let it cook for another three minutes. Mix in the cream and let it cook for five more minutes. Add the tomatoes confit and let it cook for another three minutes. Cover each portion of the pasta with the creamy sauce and sprinkle generously with parmesan.
4. 4. Garnish each place with a some melted mozzarella.
5. 5. Mix in all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette with a whisk. Put all of the tomato halves on a cooking plate and cover it with aluminium foil, shiny side down. Generously cover them in the vinaigrette and bake for about 3 hours at 250°F.
For 4 people, cook about 375g of the pasta of your choice.